Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Embittered Ruby by Nicole O'Dell

The Embittered RubyThe Embittered Ruby by Nicole O'Dell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This review is from my daughter who inhaled this book: Sixteen year old Carmen finds herself for an escape from her new home in New Jersey. After her parents divorce, her mom moves her and her sisters to an apartment on the wrong side of town. Everything she knows -- from her family to her friends -- is stripped away and she's desperate to somehow recreate what she once had. When all of her attempts fail, it feels like her life is over. She makes a string of bad choices in her attempt to break free. She's willing to do just about anything if it means creating a new family. These choices lead her to Diamond Estates in Colorado. At Diamond Estates she has to confront the consequences of her choices and decide whether to change or continue on her path. All along God's grace is waiting and wooing her...she just has to choose whether to accept it.

While Carmen made a bunch of bad choices, I liked her story because it showed me that no matter what we do God still loves us and won't leave us. No matter what we've done, God won't turn His back on us. He's still waiting for us to turn to Him. Her story pulled me in -- I literally read this book in one night. It hit our house, and I inhaled it. I also enjoyed the return to Diamond Estates...a place I loved in the first book Wishing Pearl.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...