Monday, January 23, 2012

Review: Confessions of a PK

I picked up this book because my mom ordered it for me. I wasn't sure what I'd think, but was willing to give it a chance. I'm so glad I did. It was AMAZING!

Addison Blakely is a very interesting character because she's a PK (preacher's kid) and that makes her special and unique from most characters in the books I read. I'm not a PK and after reading her story I'm glad! There's so much going on in her life. Dating Wes, the pretty much town thug. Surviving high school. Meeting her dad's expectation. And preparing herself for a marriage between her English teacher and dad.

She finally realizes that being a Christian is more than sitting at church because she has to. She felt the burden of all eyes at all times because she carried her dad's reputation and the church's. In the end she finds the freedom of real faith. I highly recommend to junior high and high school girls who want a great story.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! this book sounds Amazing!!!!!!! I think this would be a great book to read!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...