Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Review: Lost in Dreams

Lost in Dreams is the first book by this duo that my daughter has read, but I doubt it will be the last. My almost eleven year old is inhaling the Gallagher Girl books, Tricia Goyer's WWII titles, but stopped all that to escape into Kim's world. Here's what she has to say about this book:

AMAZING! I could really interact with the character, even though I haven't had experiences like hers. I could totally understand how she was feeling and relate to her story. Her story is a mixture of emotions: one minutes you're laughing with her and the next you're crying with her. Kim just returned from a life-changing missions trip. While waiting for her mom to pick her up from the airport, she gets a distressing phone call. WIth the blink of an eye, her mom's gone and her life is changed. This book tells the story of her dealing with the changes and getting to know her father, who she hasn't been really close to before. While watching Kim, I learned that God can take bad situation and turn them into something beautiful.

I think we'll get the first book in the series, since my daughter enjoyed this one so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...