Friday, July 8, 2011

Wildflowers of Terezin Review

Wildflowers of Terezin by Robert Elmer is set in Denmark during World War II. Terezin is a labor camp in Czechoslovakia where many Danish Jews were deported by the Gestapo. The book tells the story of nurse Hanne and her experiences while hiding and helping other Jews escape until she is captured.

My daughter is like me and loves the World War II time period. That's what attracted her to the book initially. It's been on my to be read pile for ages, and has leapt up several positions thanks to my daughter's enthusiasm for the story. She felt like she was Hanne as she read, experiencing all the heroine did. "It's a great book about faith in our Creator and love." The pacing kept my daughter's attention. She literally couldn't put it down, carrying it around the house and reading it in the car. She said the best part of the book comes at the end -- but I won't tell you why and spoil it for you.

Now I'm eager to read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...